Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Crafing with Friends

I saw a technique used on a card and really wanted to try it.  Turns out I love it.  Here are the cards I made.

They look complicated but were very easy to make.  I cut all the pieces but did not attach them.  I used removable tape to layer just the white (one card has yellow) pieces.  Then I stamped the images on just the white/yellow being careful to make sure all the stamp makes contact.  Since it is several layers high in some areas, you need to make sure you are paying attention to make contact with the entire stamp.  Sounds complicated but it really is not.  Leave room for your sentiment if desired.
Once all the pieces are stamped as much as you would like, start your layering.  With each layer having its mat just slightly larger.  I think it has a really cool effect and plan to make more of them soon.
All of these cards (except for one I gave to Patti)  went to a friend who loves my cards to send to her friends. She usually buys all the cards that I make and offer.  I am cleaned out of cards now so I will have to make more but I might CASE a technique from some where.... so come back soon to see what I chose to do!  Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

  1. Loving these cards as much as the day you made them! That stamp set is perfect for this technique! : ) I love the one you gave me. I need to set a place in my room for all the cards I've received too : )

    me.

    ReplyDelete